Friday 30 January 2015

A speedy, sparkly birthday card....


I needed to do a quick card for an overseas friend so decided to play along with the Speed Craft girls!
This card took me 14 mins and 39 seconds (cutting it fine!) - although I confess the stickles was not dry in that time. The theme is sparkle and shine - not excessive on mine but some stickles and lovely rhinestones.

The inspiration for this card came from another Stampin Up demo - sorry I saw the card but don't know who made it! I have used different stamps and a different layout but some of the elements and the colour scheme are cased.

I had such fun I made another one:

Challenges entered:
Speed Craft - link above
Simon Says Stamp - Weds - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting.
Nikki
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Nikki and all in under 15 minutes. Well done

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card ... and you could nearly go into business at that speed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay,sooo glad you've joined in Nikki,this is a delicious speedy card and perfectly sparkly too ;)
    Thanks for joining us at Speed craft challenge and good luck!
    Have a fab weekend
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nikki, beautiful card within the time, fantastic colours and lots of sparkle and shine, love it.

    Thank you for joining in with our Challenge, hope to see you on the next one!

    Mo:-)
    DT Speed Craft Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Nikki! I love the black book pages as a backdrop, it goes so well with the blue tones! Love those flowers too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nikki, such a beautiful card and how cool for doing this in less than 15 mins. I think as artists we can do more in less time if we put our minds to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nikki, both cards are beautiful - it is amazing what you can create in that amount of time - I say you, because I could never do it, much as I would love to! Perhaps I should try .... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look fantastic Nikki! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are charming, Nikki - I adore the stamping on the book text and the delicate baby blues. And the butterflies on the ribbon work beautifully as a dimensional embellishment.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and so pretty

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki