Friday 1 May 2015

South Africa memories


A new challenge starts today at Country View Crafts and the theme is 'Something Scenic'. I decided to use some photographs from my visit to South Africa earlier in the year to do a little scrapbooking. I am still a novice at this and I admit this page took me ages!

I started by dry brushing with gesso and adding texture paste to my page and splattering some paint around.  I added some framework die cuts which I coloured to match the other paint. I painted some cheesecloth to match the background page and added some Golden glass bead gel and some little odd shaped beads. The beads were red so I spent ages painting them white!


My 2015 lettering is made from air dry clay and then painted. I added some secret journalling on a tag ( as my handwriting is so dreadful, I didn't want it on show).


The photograph is of me and was taken by Kevin, my friend's son, who I went to see a wonderful sunset with one evening. I have another page to share later in the month. 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Nikki
xxx

15 comments:

  1. Terrific idea to use the photographs and surround it with such beauty

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation, Nikki! Love all the details there! I am a big fan of your art!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think scrapbooking is hard but yours is brilliant Nikki. Love the blues and your photo is so dramatic,10 out of 10 ;)
    Have a fab weekend
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Nikki! I love the dreamy beach colours and the cheesecloth adds great outdoorsie texture! Those little stone beads are so perfect for your theme, wonderful details!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to scrapbook the scene and make the photo part of the page - this is a beautiful page Nikki! I love beachy themes!!
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nikki, what a great page! Stunning background for that beautiful photo, - such a great way to preserve those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nikki,
    I love your design on the page, it is not too much that it takes away from your photo.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful way to capture those memories. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunner of a page Nikki! I love all the wonderful textures and the fabulous turquoise background is just the perfect foil for the wonderful photograph. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! Your colour choice is perfect for the photo and I love the way you added those gorgeous textures! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all the layers in your delicate piece x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful scrapbook page Nikki showcasing that wonderful South African sunset. Love the addition of the cheesecloth and the beads and tucking the journaling tag behind the picture was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how lovely - the colours here are wonderful, and I love the beads and bead gel caught in the cheesecloth nets and adding a wonderful touch of shimmer.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Nikki